University Classroom Technology Standards
The Information Technology Services (ITS) maintains University Classroom Technical Standards to define the audio-visual technology that is installed in Mason’s classrooms. Mason classrooms that follow these and previous technology standards include 41 classrooms on the Arlington campus, 113 classrooms on the Fairfax campus, 6 classrooms on the Loudoun campus, and 16 classrooms on the Prince William campus as of fall 2013 semester. The overall goals of the technology standards are to provide:
- A common, consistent and pedagogically-sound learning environment across all campuses for faculty, staff, and students
- Adaptability of design to address specific instructional needs
- Consistent functionality and interfaces across all campuses and all classrooms
- Reliable systems with high up-time
- Easy management and support of systems and equipment
For questions and comments regarding the University Classroom Technology Standards, contact Crystal Clemons at 703-993-4696 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.