Blackboard Courses is a web-based Learning Management System (LMS) used to deliver online or web-enhanced courses. Blackboard Courses provides a secure login system and tools to create and administer face-to-face and online courses. Some of these tools include discussion forums, student group areas, text-based and real time chat, a gradebook for securely distributing grades to enrolled students, and assessment tools for administering quizzes and exams.
- Course Folders: All course folders are automatically created based on faculty assignments in PatriotWeb. You will not receive a course folder in Blackboard Courses until you are listed as officially teaching a course in PatriotWeb.
- Student Rosters: Student rosters are updated automatically. When students add/drop from PatriotWeb, the changes are reflected in Blackboard Courses.
- Blackboard Courses is available 24/7
Except Fridays 2 a.m. to 6 a.m.
While system maintenance is not always performed during this time, faculty should be aware that myMason may not be available. Please check the announcements module for specific information on scheduled outages or extended maintenance periods.
- Courses are created during the first two weeks of registration to give faculty the opportunity to develop their courses before the semester starts.
- All Blackboard Courses users log in via mymason.gmu.edu. The username is the same as your Mason NetID. The password is the same as your Mason e-mail account.
- Passwords for Blackboard Courses can be changed at http://password.gmu.edu.
If you cannot log into Blackboard Courses, contact the ITU Support Center at 703-993-8870. For questions and comments regarding the Blackboard Courses system, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org