Student Technology Assistance and Resource (STAR) Lab
Our state-of-the-art multimedia computer facility provides Mason students, faculty, and staff the space and resources to complete creative projects. Mentors with specialized knowledge of operating systems and applications are on hand to assist with troubleshooting.
All Macs and PCs are equipped with a combination of the latest versions of software including:
Macs - 16 workstations:
- Adobe CS6 including: After Effects; Photoshop; Premiere; Illustrator; InDesign; Bridge; Acrobat Professional
- Final Cut Pro Studio 7 and Final Cut Pro X
- Spin Doctor
- iLife 11: iDVD; iTunes; iPhoto; iMovie HD
- QuickTime Pro
PCs - 12 workstations:
- Adobe CS6 Design Premium: Photoshop; Premiere; Illustrator; InDesign; Dreamweaver; Fireworks; Flash; Acrobat X Pro
- Microsoft Office 2010
- QuickTime Pro
- Windows Media Player
- Secure Shell
Scanners and printers are available (PC only).
Fall and Spring
Monday thru Thursday: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Friday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Sunday: 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Summer and Semester Breaks
Monday thru Friday: 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
- All students, faculty, and staff are authorized to use the lab.
- While reservations are not required, please be aware that during peak seasons or when time is critical to the completion of your project, you should plan accordingly by reserving the equipment you need.
- Computer stations are reserved in three hour time slots.
- If you are more than 15 minutes late your appointment will be forfeited.
The STAR Lab is located on the second floor of the Johnson Center, Room 229. For more information or to make a reservation, call 703-993-8990.