Record, edit, and dub audio using the STAR Lab production facility. Convert your audio recordings into a podcast, edit your band's CD, or manipulate sound for another project. The STAR Lab offers current technologies to help professionally produce these and similar projects. Student mentors are on hand to assist with questions or troubleshooting.
Audio editing software includes the following:
- Soundtrack Pro
- Final Cut Pro
- To reserve equipment, click here and log-in with your Mason credentials (NetID).
Fall and Spring
Monday thru Thursday: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Friday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Sunday: 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Monday thru Friday: 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
- All students, faculty, and staff are authorized to use the lab.
- While reservations are not required, please keep in mind that during peak seasons or when time is critical to the completion of your project, you should plan accordingly by reserving the equipment you need.
- Computer stations are reserved in three hour time slots.
- If you are more than 15 minutes late, your appointment will be forfeited.
The STAR Lab is located on the second floor of the Johnson Center, Room 229. For more information or to make a reservation, call 703-993-8990 or visit STAR Lab