Video Production Equipment Checkout
High-end video production equipment is available for check out through the STAR Lab.
The following tools are available to rent:
- Video cameras: Canon XA-10s, XHA1s, GL2s, Panasonic Mini DV Cameras, Panasonic palmcorders
- Still Panasonic digital point and shoot cameras
- Audio recorders: Zoom and Edirol
- Microphones: Lavaliere and handheld
- Audio kits
- Light kits
- To reserve equipment, click here and log-in with your Mason credentials (NetID).
- Proof of university affiliation is required to borrow equipment. Please bring your university-issued ID.
Fall and Spring
Monday thru Thursday: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Friday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Sunday: 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Monday thru Friday: 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
- Equipment may be checked out for up to six hours per day by students, staff, and faculty.
- Borrowers accept responsibility for safe, timely, and undamaged return of the equipment they have checked out. They will also be responsible for the replacement and/or repair of damaged equipment.
- Delinquent equipment will be charged a late fee of $5.00/hour the first day, as well as an additional $5.00 for each instance the equipment has been kept overnight without prior authorization. Unpaid fines will result in a hold on the borrower's academic records and/or university account. Account holds preclude students from registering for classes or graduating.
- Failure to return equipment may result in action by the Dean of Students or the University Police. Borrowers will be responsible for any legal fees and costs associated with such action.
The STAR Lab is located on the second floor of the Johnson Center, Room 229. For more information or to make a reservation, call 703-993-8990 or visit the STAR Lab