Blackboard Courses is a web-based Learning Management System (LMS) used at Mason to deliver online or web-enhanced courses. Blackboard Courses provides a secure login system and tools to facilitate participation in both traditional and online courses. Some of these tools include discussion forums, student group areas, text-based and real time chat, a secure course grade book, and delivery of quizzes and exams.
- Course Folders: All course folders are automatically created based on class rosters in PatriotWeb. You will not receive a course folder in Blackboard Courses until you are registered.
- Training: Training is available in different mediums:
- Blackboard Courses is available 24/7
Except Fridays 2 a.m. to 6 a.m.
While system maintenance is not always performed during this time, faculty should be aware that myMason may not be available. Please check the announcements module for specific information on scheduled outages or extended maintenance periods.
- Beginning fall 2011, all Blackboard Courses users log in via mymason.gmu.edu. The username is the same as your Mason NetID. The password is the same as your Mason e-mail account.
- Passwords for Blackboard Courses can be changed at http://password.gmu.edu.
If you cannot log into Blackboard Courses, contact the ITU Support Center at 703-993-8870. For questions and comments regarding the Blackboard Courses system, e-mail email@example.com