Blackboard Mobile Learn is a free app that gives faculty and students access to their Blackboard Courses content and Organizations on a variety of mobile devices.
- Announcements: Students have instant, on-the-go access to the latest announcements, and instructors can post announcements anywhere, anytime.
- Grades: Students are able to access their grades for tests and homework assignments.
- Blogs: Read blog posts and interact with classmates by posting comments and uploading media as attachments on blogs (Android and iOS), as well as uploading non-media files (Android).
- Journals: Students can read their own journal posts and those of their classmates. Both students and instructors can comment on journal posts.
- Discussions: Instructors and students can review and post to threaded discussions, as well as create new threads. Additionally, students can upload media files (Android and iOS) as well as other file types (Android) to discussions.
- Media: Students can access music, videos and images uploaded by their instructors and experience directly from their mobile devices using the appropriate media-specific software.
- Tasks: Students can track and manage the progress of various tasks, from turning in homework assignments to reminders to pick up a midterm or purchase a textbook.
- Roster: Students can quickly see full class lists, making organizing study groups easier.
- To install the free app, search for “Blackboard Mobile Learn” from your device’s app store, or download using:
- Once the app is installed and open on your device, search for “George Mason University.”
- Sign in with your Mason credentials.
- The Blackboard Mobile Learn app is free to download.
- While the app offers a native environment to access your course content, some features can be limited depending on the mobile device being used.
- The mobile app is not a replacement for a computer browser, but it is a way to access and view your course content on-the-go.
- The following features will not function properly and should only be used in a full browser on a computer:
- Students will not be able to take some tests, quizzes or surveys, submit assignments with attachments, or participate in any synchronous communication which requires Java.
- Faculty will not be able to upload course content, create or modify Course Tools, make Grade Center changes, or create or participate in any synchronous communication which requires Java.
For help or suggestions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Collaborative Learning Hub in the Johnson Center, Room 331, at 703-993-3141. If you cannot log into the Blackboard Mobile Learn App, contact the ITS Support Center at 703-993-8870.