Collaborative Video Technologies (CVT) is responsible for providing, promoting, and advancing high-quality, effective videoconferencing, telepresence, and related real-time media technologies to George Mason University for both academic and administrative purposes. Key functions of CVT include:
- Enabling faculty and students to gather from disparate locations for course discussion, review of course materials, or participation in academic consortia
- Enabling students to take courses offered by consortia to which the university belongs, such as the Commonwealth Graduate Engineering Program (CGEP) and 4-VA
- Providing the collaboration tools and services necessary for efficient communication, professional development and training, seminar discussion, and sponsored events
CVT utilizes specially equipped rooms across Mason’s campuses to connect two or more groups in different locations through several different technologies:
- Telepresence: Telepresence is an immersive style of videoconferencing that emulates the experience of having all participants in the same room.
- Videoconferencing: Videoconferencing is similar to telepresence in that it provides face-to-face meeting, but allows for more individuals to participate.
- Desktop Conferencing: Desktop conferencing is standards-based videoconferencing through a desktop or laptop.
- Webconferencing: Webconferencing offers a more personal solution for meeting needs and is a way to host content-driven online meetings that can be accessed by a wide range of people.
Scheduling CVT Space
If you would like to schedule a meeting in a TelePresence or videoconference space you will need to submit a request using 25 Live. It is important you follow our step-by-step guide so that your request is routed appropriately to our office.
If you interested in using CVT to conduct interviews please review the following resources:
- Policies and procedures
- Information spreadsheet
- Email for the candidate:
CVT has the following rooms for conferencing services:
For more information, call 703-993-5580 or e-mail email@example.com. For immediate assistance during a conference, contact the CVT hotline at 703-993-4812.