Desktop videoconferencing allows individuals to connect their PC or Mac to other standards based videoconferencing endpoints. This allows users to connect to meetings and interviews or conduct research wherever they are without requiring a dedicated videoconference room. CVT supports and deploys Bluejeans and Cisco’s Jabber Video for desktop videoconferencing needs as it allows end users to call many different conferencing systems using a PC or Mac.
Jabber Video and Bluejeans allow desktop videoconferencing to other desktop videoconference clients, telepresence suites, hardware based videoconference classrooms, and meeting rooms, and all other standards based videoconferencing endpoints.
Jabber Video and Bluejeans features include:
- High Definition video and audio
- Ability to share desktops
- Ability to bring in multiple sites
- Ability to mix desktop videoconferencing and “room” based videoconferencing
- Ability to bring in telephone calls
To make a desktop conferencing reservation, call 703-993-5580 or e-mail email@example.com
If you are conducting a series of interviews via Bluejeans or Jabber Video, please review the instructions for coordinating interviews on our main page, https://doit.gmu.edu/faculty-and-staff/course-tools/conferencing-services/.
Conference Tips and Etiquette
- Please test with CVT prior to your meeting.
- Be aware of your surroundings and any distractions.
- Check your lighting and audio to ensure the far end can see and hear you.
- A headset may be useful, but is not necessary.
For more information, call 703-993-5580 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.